Those with loved ones having special needs and abilities face unique challenges while raising and planning for their loved one’s safety and security. At Bennett Watson Trust & Estate, we help clients create plans that provide peace of mind that their loved one with a disability receives the proper level of care throughout his or her life. We love that every person and situation is unique. A properly prepared special needs plan balances the financial, social and medical needs of a person with a disability, as well as allowing room for future changes in these areas.
Special Needs Planning
We help you make a plan.
We help design a plan to accomplish your goals, which may include:
- Ensuring uninterrupted eligibility for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid and other needs-based benefits
- Maximizing public and private resources available to a beneficiary with a disability
- Determining residential options should the current living arrangement become unavailable
- Providing financial safeguards to prevent financially exploitation by others
- Creating checks and balances between family, medical providers and trusted advisors providing accountability for all involved
- Providing a process to modify the plan in light of changes in the law, healthcare or other event where modification benefits your loved one
- Establishing a plan so other well-intended family members can leave a gift to your specially-abled loved one without disrupting the protection
Contact us today to find out more about planning for a beneficiary with a disability.