Those with loved ones having special needs and abilities face unique challenges while raising and planning for their loved one’s safety and security. Marnie H. Watson, and her team at South Georgia Trust + Estate, help clients create plans that provide peace of mind that their loved one with a disability receives the proper level of care throughout his or her life. We love that every person and situation is unique. A properly prepared special needs plan balances the financial, social and medical needs of a person with a disability, as well as allowing room for future changes in these areas.
Special Needs Planning
We help you make a plan.
We help design a plan to accomplish your goals, which may include:
- Ensuring uninterrupted eligibility for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid and other needs-based benefits
- Maximizing public and private resources available to a beneficiary with a disability
- Determining residential options should the current living arrangement become unavailable
- Providing financial safeguards to prevent financially exploitation by others
- Creating checks and balances between family, medical providers and trusted advisors providing accountability for all involved
- Providing a process to modify the plan in light of changes in the law, healthcare or other event where modification benefits your loved one
- Establishing a plan so other well-intended family members can leave a gift to your specially-abled loved one without disrupting the protection
Contact us today to find out more about planning for a beneficiary with a disability.