The death of a loved one hard on many levels. Settling a loved one’s estate while grieving can be overwhelming. Marnie and her team at South Georgia Trust + Estate are here to provide guidance and support to ensure you satisfy your duties and responsibilities timely and efficiently.
Estate & Trust Administration
Guidance for every step of the administration process.
Settling a loved one’s affairs is a sensitive and demanding process. There is a lot to know and more to do. If you have questions, please contact us to schedule a personal meeting, and we will guide you from there.
The administration process generally involves:
- Notifying certain individuals in accordance with the law
- Opening bank accounts
- Paying final expenses
- Settling creditor claims
- Arranging for collection and sale of assets
- Obtaining valuations of property
- Communication and accounting to beneficiaries
- Filings with the IRS and the court, as needed
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries